Range Rules and Gun Safety
Shooting Range Policy & Gun Handling Safety Rules
A substantial investment of time and money was made by the LeMars Sportsman's Club to develop and build this club house and trap shooting facility. This facility is intended to provide a safe, enjoyable place for participants to meet and enjoy trapshooting. Full cooperation from all members and shooting participants is needed. Each trap shooter will be expected to exercise caution in gun handling and follow the safety rules that have been put in place.
The Board of Directors shall have the ultimate enforcement responsibilities and will take action as they deem appropriate. This could include cancellation of membership and the disbarment of any member or non-member from the facility. It is the responsibility of all members to notify the Board of any known violations. Every Sportsmans Club member and every trap shooter at the facility should be familiar with this policy and abide by the following rules:
Gun Handling Safety Rules
1. Treat every firearm as if it is loaded.
2. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and never point it at anything you don't intend to shoot.
3. Be familiar with your gun and how it functions.
4. Be aware of the correct ammunition for the gun you are using.
5. Have "actions open" and "chambers empty" while carrying firearms around the range.
6. Never insert a shell until you are at the station from which you are to shoot and never close the chamber until it is your turn to shoot.
7. Be respectful of the shooters next to you at the line and minimize distractions.
8. Alcohol consumption before or during shooting is strictly prohibited.
9. Any horseplay will not be tolerated.
10. Pick up your spent shell casings.
11. Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
12.PRACTICE GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP AND THINK SAFETY!